Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Field trip

It was a warm day in sourth central Minnesota - about 20 degrees F - so we got out of the classroom and toured an alpaca farm and our local yarn store. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera, but you can take a virtual tour of each place by following the links. Students are writing reflection papers so I will be brief and share the best papers with you next week.

Kathy and Tyler Erlandsen hosted us at Cozy Acres Alpacas, one of about 80 alpaca farms in Minnesota. I'm using yarn from their animals Myste and Prim for my hat - it's incredible stuff, like nothing else I've ever used, soft and clean, has a nice sort of shine, and a smooth feel. It's a pleasure to work with it.

Our local yarn store is The Tangled Skein, owned by Lori Witzel and Annette Engeldinger. With a population of only 10,000, St. Peter is very lucky to have such a place; it has a friendly and helpful staff and a great yarn selection.

More to come from the students' perspectives...

No comments: